Quick facts about the Solar Plexus Chakra
- color: yellow
- location: at your diaphragm: between your naval and sternum
- represents: POWER
- sanskrit name: Manipura
When your 3rd chakra is open and aligned, you feel:
When this chakra is out of alignment, you may feel:
- low self-esteem
- the need to control everything
- extra weight around the stomach
- digestive cramps and disorders
- difficulties with short-term memory
Tips on bringing balance to this chakra:
- wear or surround yourself with the color yellow
- eat foods like complex carbohydrates (for energy), yellow bell peppers, bananas
- drink chamomile tea
- Say positive affirmations aloud – “I can” and “I am” phrases
- Get some Vitamin D – spend time in the sunshine to activate this “shining gem” chakra
- Try a new activity – get those paints out again or go to a dance class
Yoga Poses to Wake up your Solar Plexus Chakra:
Dhanurasana: Bow Pose
On your stomach, bend your knees and grab a hold of the outsides of your feet with your hands. Begin to kick your feet into your hands. Roll your body weight forward so you are resting on area between your hips and ribcage.
In this pose, you are actually balancing on your solar plexus chakra!
In poses where we physically open up across the chest, it is said to boost our confidence.
Ustrasana: Dancer Pose
From tadasana, a standing position, bend your right knee to bring your heel towards your seat, and grab your right ankle with your right hand. Reach your left arm to the sky, your bicep close to your ear.
Inhale to reach up through the left hand fingertips.
Exhale to kick your right foot into your right hand.
Kick your heel away from your body, creating space between your right foot and your seat. The kick will encourage the front of your torso to open up as it naturally begins to tilt forward. At the same time, reach your left fingertips away from your right toes.
The pose opens the whole front side of the torso, and there is a little twist of the spine happening near the 3rd chakra, encouraging energy to move to this area!